What is the Jewish Community Foundation’s Small Grants process?
Local organizations applying for grants of $5,000 or less now have the option of requesting funding through this expedited process. Applications submitted through the Small Grants process will be reviewed on a streamlined, rolling basis.
Benefits of the Small Grants process
- Applications are completed using a single form.
- Letters of intent are not required as a prerequisite to applying for funding.
- Less information is required from Small Grant applicants.
- Successful applicants may receive funding in a matter of weeks rather than months.
A different application is required for the Small Grants process. Read through the following guidelines to determine whether your organization should apply for funding through Small Grants process. The Small Grants application form can be downloaded toward the bottom of this page.
- One-time grants up to $5,000. Requests for more than $5,000 will be rejected.
- Only organizations whose program or project serves the Greater Phoenix Jewish community.
- Organizations may not receive more than one small grant in a 12 month period.
- Applicants must be either a 501(c)(3) organization, a school, or a synagogue, or must have a fiscal agent that falls into one of those categories.
- Small grant applicants are eligible to participate in the Foundation’s annual grant cycle.
What the Foundation does not fund
- Organizations that are not 501(c)(3) nonprofits
- General operating support or general support for ongoing programs
- Capital, endowment, ongoing or other fundraising campaigns
- Replacement equipment or equipment upgrades for existing programs
- Donor, staff or volunteer recognition events
- Grants to individuals
- Projects in their entirety
- Proposals from organizations that do not follow our application procedures
- Renewed support to past grantees that have not met our reporting requirements
How and when to apply
- Applications may be submitted anytime to email@example.com.
- Applications not submitted on the Foundation’s form will be rejected. 12 point font is preferred.
- After review of your application, the Foundation may request additional information.
- The Foundation will endeavor to notify grant applicants within 45 days.
- During the peak months of the annual grant cycle (December through February), it may longer to process small grant applications.
Ready to apply? Download the Small Grants process application form here.
Questions? Contact Sheryl Quen, Director of Grants and Communications at (480) 699-1717 or firstname.lastname@example.org.